Date: June 4, 2022.
Start: 11:00 AM (10 AM for anyone requiring 3+ hours)
Distance: 13 miles
Meeting: 10:15 AM, early start 9:30 AM
Director : Rod Sternagel
Getting to the Start
- Take I5 (from north or south) to exit 105 (ignore GPS-app instructions to take earlier exit unless you want to possibly save a minute while making several turns).
- Off freeway, follow signs to Port of Olympia
- From I5 South, you will be put directly onto Plum Street
- From I5 North, you will make a few curls (stay to the right) before turning left at the light to put you onto Plum Street
- Once on Plum Street, there are no turns for 7.5 miles (Plum changes to East Bay Drive and then to Boston Harbor Rd)
- Turn right at stop sign to stay on Boston Harbor Rd
- Turn left at stop sign onto 73rd Ave
- Boston Harbor Marina and launch ramp on the right in a couple of blocks
- Dirt lot for car-toppers on the left
- Paved WDFW lot (with restroom) for cars with trailers on the left (Discover Pass required)
- Dirt lot on right next to ramp for a few car-toppers (requires a Discover Pass)
- Staging on beach on marina side of launch ramp (private beach on other side of ramp)
Start/finish line off Dofflemyer Point at lighthouse
Cross Dana Passage to Squaxin Island
Clockwise around island
Return from island across Dana Passage
The island is private tribal land — do not go ashore unless it is an emergency!
Take a quick tour of the race course
New course – every category winner will set a course record!
Online Registration: $5/boat PLUS $15 for each Sound Rowers Member and $20 for each non-member
Day of Race: $5/boat PLUS $20 for each Sound Rowers Member and $25 for each non-member
Awards and good eatings of some sort.
Snack Shack at marina with good menu in case you want extra