Start: September 14, 2019
DETAILS FOR 2019 TBA
Distance: 3 NM (3.5mi) / 7 NM (8mi)
Meeting: 9:15 AM
Director: Jeff Wong
Phone: 360.589.1317 (text preferred)
Getting to the Start
From the North: take Exit 105B from I-5 onto Plum Street. Follow signs to Port of Olympia. Pass through six lights. Ignore the Port sign between the 5th and 6th lights and go one block further to a left turn onto Marine Drive (again, follow blue signs to Port of Olympia). Go 0.3 miles on Marine Drive as it follows the shoreline. Turn right at blue sign to Swantown Marina. Pull into launch ramp area to drop off gear. Free parking for vehicles without trailers is in the Visitor’s Parking Lot. Vehicles with trailers have their own lot.
From the South: take Exit 105 from i-5. Stay to the right, pass under I-5 and follow the signs to Port of Olympia. At first light turn left onto Plum Street. Pass through another five lights. Ignore the Port sign between the 4th and 5th lights and go one block further to a left turn onto Marine Drive (again, follow blue signs to Port of Olympia). Go 0.3 miles on Marine Drive as it follows the shoreline. Turn right at blue sign to Swantown Marina. Pull into launch ramp area to drop off gear. Free parking for vehicles without trailers is in the Visitor’s Parking Lot. Vehicles with trailers have their own lot.
Pre-register online! Pre-registration helps out tremendously on race day, helps insure accurate information, saves you five dollars, and does NOT commit you to actually racing!
Team boats – take note of waiver instructions on registration page!!
Both long and short courses start and finish at the Swantown breakwater. First turn for the long course is at Olympia Shoal and second turn is at Gull Harbor. The short course has its first turn at the north end of the log booms on the west inlet, proceeds south by southwest along between the shore and the log booms before breaking back into the inlet at the opening before the log booms north of the West Bay Marina.
Vancouver Lake Jr. Men’s 8+, 49:22 in 2007.
Excel Spreadsheet of all results from 1998-current.
- Pre-registration discount: Members of Sound Rowers and juniors (18 and under): $10 per person. Non-members: $20 per person.
- Day of race registration: Members of Sound Rowers and juniors (18 and under): $15 per person. Non-members: $25 per person.
Ribbons awarded for 1st-3rd by category.
Food and drink will be available.
- Bathroom and coin-op shower facilities are available at the Swantown Marina near the launch ramps.
- There is plenty of lawn for boat set up and laying out gear.
- The marina is a half mile from the Olympia Farmer’s Market (opens at 10am) where you can get fruit and pastries and have a great time and plenty of food after the race. It’s the second largest farmer’s market in the state (after Pike Place). Between the Market and the Swantown Marina is the new roasting facility and tasting room of Batdorf and Bronson Coffee Roasters… also a fun visit.
Long Course Map
Short Course Map