Sound Rowers Live Zoom Races
Race #3: 10 am Saturday, OCtober 31
This is an open water race, for any human-powered craft. Entry is free, to Sound Rowers members, and non-members.
- A Zoom link will appear in the Google signup sheet, before the race.
- The race is for the period of exactly 1 hour, determined by how far you go. Alternatively, you can just cruise, and mark your entry without a distance.
- Wear a mask whilst on land, before and after racing.
- You can select your own race course, any open water, but the course must be a loop, or out-and-back. You must finish more or less where you start (within 1Km of your start location). Tidal water is OK.
- Use your smartphone (ideally perhaps in a waterproof case) to log into the Zoom call, and the start will be a verbal “Go”.
- After exactly one hour, “Stop” will be called, and record your distance, ideally using GPS. If you lose the signal, just stop after an hour and record your distance.
- Write up your distance, comments, race course, etc., in the Google sign up sheet.
- Digital ribbons will be sent to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd in each class. Normal Sound Rowers classes apply.
Hope to see you there!
Previous Race Results: